Wednesday 21 October 2009

London Bridge ... twice

"And London Bridge is in the wrong place ..." The one that's in Arizona? The current London Bridge which was built in the early '70s? I suspect that line in Animals That Swim's London Bridge refers to Rennie's 19th century construction which I believe was built a little way upstream from where the old medieval bridge stood. I have to confess to being a relatively recent convert to the delights of Animals That Swim (thanks Alistair!). I completely missed them in the 1990s. There were many groups I studiously ignored in the 1990s. But I wasn't even aware Animals That Swim existed. My loss. They made some fantastic recordings, and there was a pungent London flavour to their work. The Tindersticks, on the other hand, was one of the groups I consciously avoided. My loss?


No comments:

Post a Comment